It took me a solid year to learn all the different ways you can make money from home. Some things I enjoyed doing while other tasks weren’t for me. Its all about deciding what you love to do and figuring out how you can make money from it!
- Selling your old clothes Online! I have a whole blog post about this, with the step-by-step process on how to sell, so go check that out! Clothes for me was something I knew I loved, I loved shopping, and I loved making different outfits, so when it came to selling clothes I found that I was pretty good at it. With Apps like Merci, Vinted, and even Thredup you can make money off of the clothing items in your closet you don’t wear anymore.
- Sell your old clothes in-store! Now this is something I haven’t touched on yet, and I have only been doing this within the last 6 months but here’s what I learned. There are second hand retail shops that will pay for your clothes. Place like Plato’s Closet, Buffalo Exchange and other local boutiques. If you type into your google finder “places to sell clothes” a list of local vendors will pop up! You simply put all the items you want to sell into a bag and take it to the retail shop of your choice. They’re going to decide which piece’s of clothing from your collection they want to buy, they’ll offer you either store credit or cash and your on your way from there!
- Dog Sit! Dog sitting is one of those tasks that you have to love to do. I use the App called Rover which allows me to decide wether I want to watch dogs, cats or other animals. If I want to dog sit at my house or watch the animal at the owners house. You can plug in your availability and fill out a small “about me” section and rover will alert you when they have a match. The awesome thing about Rover is the amount of money you can make if you decide to. For example I watched a golden retriever for 5 days at the owners house, and ended up making around 640$. Depending on the area that you live in and the need for dog sitters will depend on the amount you make!
- Sell your crafts on Etsy! Now not everyone is crafty, but I guarantee you, there is something everyone can sell on Etsy. Go to the Etsy website, sign up, snap a couple quick pictures of the item, upload it and start selling! You can make money selling homemade jewelry, greeting cards, tie-dye items, or even things you’ve knitted/ crocheted. The neat thing about Etsy is you get to be expressive with your ideas and creativity. You can make a page entirely dedicated to the crafts and ideas you like to create.
- Care,com! Watching kids, becoming a full time nanny, or even just babysitting a few nights a week can be a quick and easy way to bring in extra funds! With Care.com its easy to create a profile and set it to the availability and number of kids you want to watch. Even if this is your first time watching kids. care.com is a great way to gain experience and earn money doing it. Watching kids is something you have to like to do, but if you dedicate the time, you’ll earn the money. I nanny two twin boy babies, I booked the job through care.com, and I’m loving every moment of my time with the family!